- This event has passed.
Schools Virtual Basketball Competition
March 29 @ 10:00 am - April 1 @ 2:00 pm EDT
Welcome to our schools live virtual basketball competition where you can play head to head games against other schools across Canada!
How it works:
There will be 3 divisions that schools can register for:
- Single Player Entry (ideal for students learning at home)
- Traditional Teams (entire team has an ID) *these teams will be broken into 2 divisions based on the overall skill ranking of the team which is required during registration. SOO will let you know what division your team falls into after you register.
- Unified Teams
Competition will run from Monday March 29 to Thursday April 1. There will be a different challenge for each day (3 different challenges total). On Monday and Tuesday schools will be able to complete the challenge on their own time and submit results by the end of the day. The Wednesday challenge will be live head to head competition against teams in your division! Divisions will be determined based off of the scores from the first 2 challenges. All teams are guaranteed to compete in all 3 challenges. Thursday will feature a variety of fun social events to celebrate everyone’s successes!
Live virtual games on Wednesday March 31 will be held at 10am EST for At Home Learners, 11am & 12:30pm EST for Traditional Teams (dependent upon your division), and at 1:30pm EST for Unified Teams.
Competition will be available on both Google Meet and Microsoft Teams.
Final set up instructions, equipment needed and game times will be sent to those registered.
Important for Traditional Teams Only: Registration will ask you to provide rankings of each athlete in 3 areas. Please use the following guide to aid in your decision:
Ball Handling and Skill Evaluation /5
- Athlete can dribble the ball using both hands in a stationary position 10 times.
- Athlete can dribble the ball using one hand in a walking position 10 times.
- Athlete can dribble the ball side to side using both hands in a walking position 10 times.
- Athlete can dribble the ball using one hand in a running position 10 times.
- Athlete can dribble the ball using both hands in a running position 10 times on both sides.
Passing Skill Evaluation /3
- Athlete can bounce ball off a wall from 6 feet away and receive the ball in a stationary position 10 times.
- Athlete can receive a pass from another student, and pass the ball back to the same student in a stationary position 10 times.
- Athlete can receive a pass from another student 6 feet away, and pass the ball back by distinguishing between bouncing, throwing overhead, or chest pass back in stationary position 10 times.
Shooting the Ball Evaluation /2
- Athlete can shoot and the ball go into the net/basket/hoop from 3 steps away from this distance.
- Athlete can shoot and the ball go into the net/basket/ hoop from 6-10 feet away. 3/5 shots must go in from this distance.
Please note: registration is now closed. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions!